Planning for the future and stewards of UC Merced's financial resources
The Office of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) provides support for the campus operating budget decision-making process. We also coordinate strategic and long-range planning efforts during the earliest phases of program and project development for UC Merced’s capital improvement program.
What we do
- Establish budget appropriations for each department
- Approve budget-related transfers of fund transactions
- Manage new budget appropriations from sources external to the department (e.g., new requests)
- Perform long-term fund management
- Analyze revenue trends and project forward-looking revenue streams
- Analyze budget and expenditures necessary to continue existing level of operations and activities
- Work with departments to determine the level of budget adjustments necessary for future initiatives
- Assist departments (e.g., auxiliaries) in establishing a unit’s revenue budget for revenue generated internally within the university
- Provide support for UC Merced's Capital Plan
- Guide stewardship of UC Merced's financial resources and manage fiscal processes and policies in support of the University's Strategic Plan.
To accomplish these objectives, FP&A works closely with other units that play key roles in the University’s financial management activities.